Monday, September 29, 2008

Changing of the Guard...errr I mean Running Back

Apparently the Detroit Lions rookie running back Kevin Smith has been replaced in the starting lineup by recent free agent acquisition Rudi Johnson. Kevin is letting the team know he is not happy with this move, but is willing to work hard to get it back. Smith was quoted as saying "Personally, I don't like it. I think I should be playing a lot more. But it's all about winning,''

Smith also said "I've got a new attitude. I went home at the break and got a new attitude, I'm just going to get me better. Now I'm going to work on getting myself better every day and try, not the impossible, but I've got the mindset that I'm going to try to hit a home run on every play now. I might only get one carry. If I only get one carry, I've got to make it count.''

In this year's first three games of the season, Smith had 29 carries for 102 yards (3.5-yard average) and scored one touchdown. Johnson, who was signed at the end of training camp, has 18 carries for 99 yards (5.5-yard average).

Overall I agree with this move, with how actrocious the Lions offensive line is, there is no sense in letting our talented rookie get his face punched in every Sunday.

No comments: