Monday, February 16, 2009

Threet Leaving UofM

Steven Threet was the most experienced quarterback on the University of Michigan roster until he announced that yesterday that he will be once again transferring (he transferred to Michigan from Georgia Tech). Threet obviously saw the writing on the wall with the two new "mobile Quarterback recruits (Forcier and Robinson) coming to Michigan, that he would at some point be phased out, if not immediately.

Threet was quoted as saying: "I have requested and received my release. I do not yet know where I will continue my collegiate career and will have no further comment until that decision is made."

Last fall, the 6-foot, 6-inch, 230-pound Threet started eight games for the Wolverines. He completed 102 of 200 passes for 1,105 yards, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. Threet at his best was average, and when not at his best was a sub-par QB in Rich Rod's system or I would venture to guess any system.

See ya Steve, we won't miss ya.



Digg!

No comments: