Friday, August 21, 2009

Kangas Signs Overseas

Former Oakland University men's basketball standout Erik Kangas signed a contract to play professional basketball in the LEB Silver League in Santiago, Spain for Rosalia.

"This is a once in a lifetime experience, not many people can say they've done this," said Kangas. "I get to go to a great country, where there are a lot of neat cities to visit and I'm getting paid to play basketball. You can't really get much better."

Kangas, a native of DeWitt, Mich., led the Golden Grizzlies to a 23-13 record during his senior season. He was named All-Summit League first team after breaking the conference record with 135 treys made. Kangas finished third in the nation with 3.9 treys made per game and finished his career with 1,540 points, 11th all-time in OU history.

"Since I got to play a lot and showcase myself at OU, that really helped out," continued Kangas. "The coach over there watched my games from OU and really liked me. Going through, learning all our offenses and the toughness our coaches taught here have prepared me to go over there."

No comments: