Monday, March 7, 2011

Should the Spartans Go Dancing?


Big 10 Record: 9-9
Overall Record: 17-13
RPI: 48
SOS: 9
Good Wins: Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin
Bad Losses: Iowa

Joe Lunardi Prediction: Yes, has the Spartans as one of the last 4 teams in the Dance. This would shun Missouri State, USC, Georgia and Alabama.

My thoughts: As long as State wins their Big 10 tourney opening round game vs Iowa, then they are in. However, I don't personally think they deserve it. They started out the season ranked #2 in the nation and then played themselves right out of the Top 25 and into mediocrity. They did next to nothing during the season to prove they belong. My personal feeling is they had their shot at being a player this year and blew it. I would much rather see a good mid-major like Missouri State get a shot at making a run. Also, I honestly think Mizzou State could beat the Spartans on a neutral floor.

No comments: