Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who are These Guys in the Green and Black?



I am an extremely casual NBA fan, as in, I barely ever watch it. Mainly because the product has gotten so bad over the past 15 years. But I tuned in to the Eastern Conference semi finals for about five minutes. Just long enough to see the Celtics finish off the Cavs in 7 games, much to the chagrin of some Piston fans. I didn't care either way. But something did catch my attention however. The Celtics were playing their road games in some strange colored uniform. The lettering on the front read "BOSTON" and it wasn't in the traditional white lettering. Instead it was a black lettering which just looks ridiculous on the green jerseys. What are the Celtics franchise and the NBA doing? Is black supposed to make Garnett, Pierce, and the other guy appear tougher? Are you kidding me? There may not be, in fact there isn't, a more traditional or recognized uniform in the entire league than the Celtics. (See above pictures for the current atrocity and the old classic).

Way to go NBA and Boston brass. Way to crap on tradition. I certainly see first hand where Gary Bettman gets it from.

1 comment:

J-Rad said...

2 years from now they will come to their senses, much like the Pistons did after adopting their teal and burgundy uniforms.