Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Drew Stanton Wants to be in Detroit

Drew took to his blog today to let everyone know (or anyone who cares in the slightest) that he wants to remain a Detroit Lion.

"I never said that I did not want to be in Detroit if I was to be the third-string quarterback, I merely stated that third-string quarterbacks do not have long careers. I for one, would love to have a long career. I recognize the importance of showing this franchise that my worth can exist as a backup. I know what my role has the potential to be as the Detroit Lions move forward and that is what I am focused on." stated Stanton

Can we seriously just let this guy go already and end this debate? I am sure Drew's a nice guy, probably works hard in practice and is a local talent. But he is also the essence of why the Lions stink. Drew was a guy drafted waaaaaaay too high, has been injured for the better part of his time in Detroit and is never going to amount to anything more then a guy living on the fringe of a professional football roster. Release him and lets all move on already.

No comments: