Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pistons - Nuggets Trade in the Works?

CNNSI.com reports the below would make the most sense financially as a Pistons - Nuggets trade...

The Nuggets would send Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin and Chucky Atkins to the Pistons for Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace and Detroit's 1st round pick.

I don't know how I feel about this. Melo would be an improvement over Tayshaun. Camby & Martin would be the shot blocking and rebounding that the Pistons have been lacking since Ben left....but letting Chauncey go would hurt us, in that I'm not sure Stuckey is not ready to take over the reigns yet and that would leave us with Chucky Atkins or Lindsay Hunter.

In the end though, I would make this trade hoping that Joe could bring in a free agent starting point guard in the offseason. The Pistons need a dramatic shake up.

1 comment:

Jeff K said...

Geez, would we be swapping team names and colors too? That's not just a trade, that's a full out organizational swap! I think I like the current Pistons better than the current Nuggets.

Too bad we didn't just draft Anthony instead of young Darko.