Tuesday, March 4, 2008

NBA Live 08 - PS3


I recently purchased "NBA Live 08" for the Playstation 3 and after having played it for a couple weeks I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the game. I've played the NBA Live series of games on PS2 and have always enjoyed it. However, honestly its always been too easy to win games. You could easily steal and cherry pick your way to a win anytime you wanted to. I think inherently thats been the problem with all basketball video games.

In '08 the folks at EA Sports have turned up the artificial intelligence to make it a much more challenging game. However, the game isn't more challenging necessarily because the A.I. went up, its now more challenging because your players shoot like they are blindfolded at times. For some reason its far too easy to miss layups and wide open jump shots in this game. Its particularly frustrating when Jermaine O'Neal (whom I traded for) instead of dunking the ball, bounces the ball off the bottom of the rim.

No comments: