Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sports on TV

Who doesn't like sitting in front of the tube (preferably large screen and in HD) and watching their favorite teams and players do their thing? The answer is: nobody reading this. There are so many games/events that are televised now. Cable and satellite TV allow you to be able to see just about anything you want.

So what is the best sport to watch on TV, and for what reason? For me, it's complicated. I like to watch different sports for different reasons....When I'm looking to catch a few ZZZ's it's easy: Golf. Within minutes I'm out. A better prescription than Melatonin. I love hockey so I love to watch hockey. How about bowling? I'll actually turn on the PBA on Sundays once in a while to catch the bowlers. NOTE: Bowling is good to watch if you're looking for a few tips on form, approach, ball spotting, etc... You can learn some of those things just by watching.

I think you have to put College and Pro Football into the top of this survey. College Basketball (especially at this time of year) is a gimmee. But after that, I think it starts to get very opinionated. Where does baseball fit in? How about the NBA? Boxing? There are too many to list. You can't go into a B-dubs at lunchtime and not see some crazy European soccer league game on. ??? Who knows, but somebody is into it.

What's your TV sport(s)?

1 comment:

J-Rad said...

You forgot to mention the fastest growing sport...M.M.A. I am not much for watching boxing, but I do enjoy a good MMA match or two.